GQ Machine has installed a new Mazak 5 Axis Machine
What is 5-Axis Machining?
5-axis machining provides infinite possibilities as to the part sizes and shapes you can effectively process. The term “5-axis” refers to the number of directions in which the cutting tool can move. On a 5-axis machining center, the cutting tool moves across the X, Y and Z linear axes as well as rotates on the A and B axes to approach the workpiece from any direction. In other words, you can process five sides of a part in a single setup.
5-Axis Machining Benefits
- Machine complex shapes in a single setup for increased productivity
- Save time and money with less fixture preparation
- Boost throughput and cash flow, while shortening lead times
- Higher part accuracy because the workpiece does not move across multiple workstations
- Ability to use shorter cutting tools for higher cutting speeds and less tool vibrations
- Achieve superior surface finishes and overall better part quality